iTunes subscription service finally coming?
According to new reports, Apple is set to introduce a new unlimited music subscription service through iTunes dubbed iTunes Unlimited.
The service would begin in October and would begin with half of iTunes current catalog available at a flat rate.
According to MacDailyNews, the service would work like so:
- 256 Kbps music; highest quality digital music subscription service ever
- 50% of U.S. store available for iTunes Unlimited at launch, U.S.-only launch
- Available through iTunes or retail box a la MobileMe, funds applied through iTunes gift cards cannot be used towards subscription purchase
- $129.99 stand-alone or $179.99 with MobileMe, current MobileMe subscribers can add iTunes Unlimited for $99.99
- One-year subscription period
- Current a la carte options unchanged
- When signed in to subscription account, “Buy” is “Get”
- “Download and Play throughout iTunes Unlimited Subscription” or “Buy and Keep”
- “Buy and Keep” option available for downloaded subscription songs, purchased version replaces subscription version
- Late October launch with iTunes 7.8